As a keen yachtsman and rock climber Johann Brits always had a passion for ropes and knots.
In 2006, after leaving the corporate world as a GM of a packaging company, he bought a small business that at the time, only sold ropes and twine.
Rope World has subsequently grown to become an outdoor and marine store specialising in a number of areas:
• Supplier of many different kinds of ropes, braids, twines, bungi cords, riempies and webbing
• Suppliers of stainless steel and galvanised cables, balustrade fittings and swaging of cables
• Manufacturer of nets – jungle gym nets, sport nets, commando nets, truck nets, swimming pool nets, cricket nets
• Suppliers of climbing harnesses, climbing ropes and rope access equipment
• Western Cape’s largest supplier of crayfish nets, rings and equipment
• Yacht and boat fittings from anchors to yacht shoes
• Jungle gym equipment such as slides, swings, rope ladders and foefie slides
• Industrial rope ladders
• Holdfast roof and bike rack fitment centre
• Specialist stitching service that has grown into Tuffstraps, makers of a range of cam and ratchet straps as well as Tuffleads that makes dog and horse leads
• Specialist splicing service for all different kinds or rope and mooring lines
• Supplier of 4 x 4 off road equipment including the manufacture of kinetic snatch ropes
• Supplier of just about every conceivable stainless steel hook, ring, latch, shackle and pulley.
Recently they have been involved in some interesting work including alteration to the Fish Hoek shark exclusion nets, Leopard Catch nets for the Cape Leopard Trust and rope sets for a “50 Shades of Grey” book event.
At Rope World they believe that you have to have the product promptly and they strive to supply it at the lowest cost possible while provide a superior service to customers in both expert advice and custom made products to specification.